OFFICE MANAGER (HQ)
-based in The Hague, Netherlands
CLOSING DATE: 16 June
Founded in 2011, the International NGO Safety Organisation (INSO) is an international charity that supports the safety of aid workers by establishing safety coordination platforms in insecure contexts. INSO provides registered NGOs with a range of free services including real-time incident tracking, analytical reports, safety related data and mapping, crisis management support, staff orientations and training.
INSO services help NGOs with their day-to-day risk management responsibilities and improve their overall situational awareness to support evidence-based humanitarian access decisions.
Today, with more than 1,000 employees globally, INSO provides daily support to more than 1000 NGOs in 14 of the world’s most insecure countries and has earned a strong reputation for performance, principles and professionalism.
INSO has been registered as a charity in the Netherlands since April 2019 and its global headquarters is now based in The Hague, the international city of peace and justice.
INSO is looking for an experienced, pro-active and well-organised Office Manager to join our team at the Headquarters in The Hague, Netherlands.
Reporting to, INSO’s Director of Operations, the Office Manager (OM) will be responsible for the successful delivery of all Operations functions within our Netherlands headquarters in the centre of The Hague.
The OM will be responsible for the management of facilities, utilities and office contracts, procurement processes for the HQ location, general administration, ensuring the effective provision of support services and compliance with INSO’s and donor’s regulations and effective maintenance and management of its assets (including third-party contractors and support staff).
The start date for the position is envisaged to be July 2021 or earlier.
Facilities and Asset Management
* Lead and manage the entire scope of facilities management tasks for INSO HQ;
* Responsible for all headquarters’ leases and contracts with suppliers (offices, utilities, security and cleaning/maintenance contracts etc.)
* Front of house office presence including meeting visitors and post handling.
* Establish and maintain a central asset register for INSO HQ and ensure full implementation of and compliance with all asset management regulations.
* Responsible for health and safety compliance in the HQ.
Legal and Compliance
* Ensure all necessary legal and regulatory documents are filed in a timely manner on behalf of INSO with the Dutch authorities.
* Liaise with our immigration services provider in obtaining and renewing visas, work permits and residencies as required on behalf of INSO HQ staff and follow up with Dutch Immigration and Naturalisation Service (“IND”) as required;
* Monitor supplier performance and advise INSO’s Director of Operations of any deviation from agreed Service Level Agreements;
* Create and maintain a register of Dutch professional advisors;
* Ensure compliance with Dutch legislation and INSO’s relevant policies at the HQ.
Procurement and Logistics
* Responsible for procurement, preferred supplier list and service level agreements with office supplies, office machinery (eg photocopier), courier services, kitchen supplies, cleaning, etc. for INSO HQ.
* Ensure compliance with all procurement and logistics regulations applicable for INSO and its donors in the HQ;
* Manage and maintain contractual agreements and relationships with vendors/contractors and all service providers.
* Coordinate business travel visits (flights, visa, accommodation) for INSO HQ staff and visiting field staff;
* Address employee queries about office management issues
* Assist the HR department with HQ employee on-boarding and HQ employee induction and orientation programmes
* Fluency in Dutch (written and spoken)
* Fluency in English (written and spoken).
* A Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field from a recognised academic institution or equivalent experience
* At least 3 years of Office Management experience in the Netherlands or Benelux country
* Experience working with Dutch authorities in areas of immigration, registration and compliance.
* Highly self-motivated, a problem solver, solution focused with the ability to manage multiple priorities and work to set deadlines.
* Proficient use of MS Office programmes and experience with database management
* Candidates must have the right to reside and work in the Netherlands.
* Previous experience with or knowledge of logistics and procurement
* Previous experience working with an NGO or international organisation
* Existing knowledge of INSO and affinity with its mission
* Experience as a user or admin of HRMS/HRIS
* Knowledge of French
INSO’s Safeguarding Policy:
INSO is fully committed to safe recruitment, selection and vetting of all potential new staff, trustees and volunteers and we will ensure rigorous compliance with our Code of Conduct and Safeguarding policy throughout the recruitment process. As such, the following safe recruitment practices will be applied:
* All offers of employment will be conditional on receiving at least two satisfactory professional references;
* INSO will ask candidates about significant gaps in employment history or frequent changes of employer and address;
* All essential qualifications and relevant professional accreditations and memberships will be verified;
* The successful candidate will be required to provide a valid proof of identity (passport, ID card);
* All new hires will receive an orientation in INSO’s safeguarding policy and procedures and associated documents (Code of Conduct, Whistleblowing etc.);
* All new hires will be required to sign and abide by the Code of Conduct as a condition of employment.
Terms & Conditions:
Fixed-term (renewable) full-time contract based in The Hague, Netherlands, EUR 5000 per month, 8% vacation pay (vakentiegeld), 2.5 days annual leave per month.
How to apply:
Interested applicants are requested to send the following to firstname.lastname@example.org and reference “Office Manager” in the subject line of the email. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Please include the following in your application:
* Cover Letter in English specifying how you meet the mandatory requirements of the role (1-page maximum).
* An up-to-date CV in English (4-page maximum).
The deadline for applications for this post is 16 June 2021.
Please do not send any additional information (such as copies of certificates, copies of diplomas, other writing samples, etc.) and keep the total size of your application under 2MB if possible.