- based in The Hague, Netherlands
CLOSING DATE: 10th October 2021
Founded in 2011, the International NGO Safety Organisation (INSO) is an international charity that supports the safety of aid workers.
We provide registered NGOs with a range of free services including real-time incident tracking, analytical reports, safety related data and mapping, crisis management support, staff orientations and training. Our services help NGOs with their day-to-day risk management responsibilities and improve their overall situational awareness to support evidence-based humanitarian access decisions.
Today the organisation has more than 1000 employees based across 17 of the world’s most insecure countries and has earned a strong reputation for performance, principles & professionalism.
INSO has been registered as a charity in the Netherlands since April 2019 and its global headquarters is based in The Hague, the international city of peace and justice.
The Grants Manager serves as INSO wide focal point for donor grants and related reporting to ensure compliance, due diligence, and efficiency. The objective is to ensure that good quality proposals and reports are submitted to donors on time and that compliance is maintained.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
* Develop good donor relations with existing donors and outreach to potential new ones (and coordinate pre-award assessments)
* Maintain high level understanding of donor grant and reporting frameworks (attend donor training on behalf of INSO)
* Monitor changes in donor regulations and communicate to staff as needed.
* Review proposals and reports for quality control and compliance (technical review).
* Facilitate grant opening and closing meetings.
* Coordinate other staff in timely submission of high-quality grants and reports (hard or soft copy)
* Maintain and manage INSO profile in donor systems (APPEL, ART etc)
* Maintain central grants tracking system (GTS), repository, and central reporting calendar, issuing reminders and notifications as needed.
* Develop further internal grants and reporting guides/policies
* Develop INSO proposal templates
* Orient, advise and build capacity of CDs in areas of grant management, donor regulations/compliance and reporting skills.
* Identify opportunities for INSO staff to particate in donor provided grants and compliance training and coordinate and prioritise participation according to staff needs.
* Support audit requirement
* Provide year end internal grants reporting (KPI’s)
Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
* Master level education in relevant field such as international relations, humanitarian or development studies, business administration or other.
* At least 5 years' experience in proposal, project, or programme development, reporting, or grants management in an operational humanitarian INGO.
* Excellent knowledge of main humanitarian donor rules, regulations, and procedures including but not limited to US and European donors, EU funding mechanisms, and UN agencies.
* Existing network of professional donor contacts.
* Full professional proficiency in English
* Proven experience in successfully applying for institutional donor funding.
* Proven experience in capacity building and training of staff.
* Ability to design, develop and implement processes.
* Excellent computer skills, including Microsoft office.
Nice to Have:
* French language competence.
INSO is fully committed to safe recruitment, selection and vetting of all potential new staff, trustees and volunteers and we will ensure rigorous compliance with our Code of Conduct and Safeguarding policy throughout the recruitment process. As such, the following safe recruitment practices will be applied:
* All offers of employment will be conditional on receiving at least two satisfactory professional references.
* INSO will ask candidates about significant gaps in employment history or frequent changes of employer and address.
* All essential qualifications and relevant professional accreditations and memberships will be verified.
* The successful candidate will be required to provide a valid proof of identity (passport, ID card).
* All new hires will receive an orientation in INSO’s safeguarding policy and procedures and associated documents (Code of Conduct, Whistleblowing etc.).
* All new hires will be required to sign and abide by the Code of Conduct as a condition of employment.
Terms & Conditions:
Fixed-term (renewable) full-time contract based in The Hague, Netherlands, €5,500 per month, 8% vacation pay (vakentiegeld), 2.5 days annual leave per month. This post is eligible for a Highly Skilled Migrant visa sponsorship.
How to apply:
Interested applicants are requested to send the following to email@example.com and reference “Grants Manager” in the subject line of the email. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Please include the following in your application:
* An up-to-date CV (2 page maximum).
* A cover letter explaining your motivation and interest in the position. Please explain how you meet the minimum requirements of the role.
Please do not send any additional information (such as copies of certificates, copies of diplomas, other writing samples, etc.) and keep the total size of your application under 2MB if possible.