- based in The Hague, Netherlands
Closing date: 31st August 2021
An international NGO dedicated to humanitarian safety, INSO provides information, analysis, coordination, training, and other support services to aid agencies working in insecure and fragile contexts.
Working with more than 1,000 local and international NGOs across 17 conflict affected countries, our projects support the safety of aid workers and help protect the vital relief they deliver to vulnerable communities.
We are now seeking a qualified and experienced individual to join our headquarters finance team as Finance Manager.
Reporting to the Finance Director, the position will ensure that all financial activities like procurements or utilization of funds at INSO headquarters are performed in accordance with the predetermined standards, budgets, and procedures. This is a new position.
The Finance Manager will be the first point of contact for the headquarters staff in all daily finance-related questions and will effectively support all departments in their day-to-day operations.
The position will oversee the accounting function at the headquarters and will hold some reporting functions with respect to grants. The Finance Manager will manage the Accountant.
Key responsibilities will include:
* Maintain sound financial practices across the headquarters. Enforce finance working documents and training as needed to ensure staff adherence. Review and authorize transactions within the threshold. Maintain adequate control systems to prevent errors, inappropriate use of funds or unsupported expenditures. Work on functionality improvements as required,
* Oversee the financial record-keeping function of the Headquarter. Controls and reconciles the documentation (expenses, banks and cash, payroll and tax, cost accounting, revenue, A/R and A/P accounts), ensure timely and accurate upload of the financial transactions in SUNSYSTEM,
* Support the Finance Director in the budget management function. Coordinate the forecasts collection from respective departments. Monitor and timely report on expenses, alert on variances,
* Develop and maintain policies for storage and maintenance of supporting documents resulting in an easy manner to follow audit trail of financial transactions,
* Support the Finance Director in the “core” grants management function. Provide financial information required for proposals. Timely prepare the financial statements for grants reporting,
* Provide the leadership oversight and direction to the Accountant. Partake in the recruitment process, training, and orientation.
The ideal candidate:
The candidate is professionally qualified and has significant managerial experience. He/she has excellent interpersonal skills, attention to detail and ability to influence and motivate teammates and colleagues.
The candidate is available on short notice.
* Minimum 5 years of relevant work experience, preferably in similar roles with NGOs
* Degrees in finance, business administration, management, or economics with completed accountancy qualification (CIMA/ACCA/ACA or similar)
* Proficient in SUNSYSTEM, Q&A reporting tool and Excel
* High attention to detail
* Ability to process large amounts of data
* In depth knowledge of financial regulations and account processes
* Ability to handle multi-donor and multi-year budgets
* Donor/contract management experience and donor policy knowledge (preferably ECHO, FCDO, SDC and or BHA)
* Strong English language skills, both written and verbal.
* Time management and problem solving skills
* Ability to supervise and direct
INSO’s Safeguarding Policy:
INSO is fully committed to safe recruitment, selection and vetting of all potential new staff, trustees and volunteers and we will ensure rigorous compliance with our Code of Conduct and Safeguarding policy throughout the recruitment process. As such, the following safe recruitment practices will be applied:
* All offers of employment will be conditional on receiving at least two satisfactory professional references.
* INSO will ask candidates about significant gaps in employment history or frequent changes of employer and address.
* All essential qualifications and relevant professional accreditations and memberships will be verified.
* The successful candidate will be required to provide a valid proof of identity (passport, ID card).
* All new hires will receive an orientation in INSO’s safeguarding policy and procedures and associated documents (Code of Conduct, Whistleblowing etc.);
* All new hires will be required to sign and abide by the Code of Conduct as a condition of employment.
Terms & Conditions:
Fixed term (renewable) full-time contract based in The Hague, Netherlands, €5,500 per month, 8% vacation pay (vakentiegeld), 2.5 days annual leave per month. The post is eligible for Highly Skilled Migrant visa sponsorship and a resettlement allowance.
How to Apply:
Interested persons are requested to send the following to email@example.com and ensure to reference "FINANCE MANAGER" in the subject line of your email. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
* Cover letter specifying how you meet the mandatory requirements, your motivation in applying and what you hope to bring to INSO (1-page maximum).
* Up to date CV (4-page maximum).
Please do not send any additional information (certificates, other writing samples, etc.) and keep the total size of your application under 2MB.