FINANCE MANAGER – Cameroon
-based in Yaoundé, with travel
Closing date: 4 December 2021
The International NGO Safety Organisation (INSO) is an international charity that supports the safety of aid workers by establishing safety coordination platforms in insecure contexts. INSO provides registered NGOs with a range of free services including real-time incident tracking, analytical reports, safety related data and mapping, crisis management support, staff orientations and training.
INSO services help NGOs with their day-to-day risk management responsibilities and improve their overall situational awareness to support evidence-based humanitarian access decisions.
The strong focus on humanitarian principles and exclusive NGO-only membership criteria have meant that INSO is now accepted as a standard component of modern humanitarian response offering independent frontline reporting and coordination services that save lives, strengthen operational practice and enable humanitarian access.
Today the organisation provides daily support to more than 1000 NGOs in 17 of the world’s most insecure countries and has earned a strong reputation for performance, principles & professionalism.
INSO has been covering the Far North region of the country under INSO’s Lake Chad Basin regional platform that supports more than 121 NGOs to deliver vital aid and assistance to 8 million people across the region. INSO Cameroon will now become a stand-alone platform and continue to cover the Far North region from Maroua and extend the operation to the north-west and south-west regions (with a field office in Buea) with the country office in Yaounde.
INSO is now seeking an experienced professional to join our team as Finance Manager for Cameroon.
The Finance Manager works closely with the Country Director and has the responsibility to protect the financial health and integrity of the project by enforcing appropriate accounting and financial procedures and policies, providing timely and accurate financial information to enable project orientation, planning and decision, meeting the external reporting and audit requirements, orienting staff in financial management, audits and procedures compliance among other duties.
* Oversee the financial activities of the project, assume the financial record keeping function; control and reconcile the documentation, uploads the financial information in SUNSYSTEM.
* Set up and maintain a filing system of financial documentation.
* Give a clear picture to management of the financial position of the project with reports on donors’ budget adherence or budget variances.
* Maintain an adequate project cash flow, prepares cash requests and follows donors’ disbursements.
* Meet external reporting deadlines, prepares budgets and reports with exactness and compliance and liaises with donors and HQ when necessary.
* Maintain healthy financial practices across the project, and enforces finance working documents and trainings as needed to ensure staff adherence.
* Act as a focal point during audits, timely enforces internal and external audit recommendations.
* Review and authorise transactions within his/her threshold.
* Manage the finance department, partakes in recruitment, orientation, and training of staff with financial functions.
* Exemplary command of French and English (written and spoken).
* At least 5 years of experience with a similar position in NGO sector
* Professional accounting qualification (CPA, ACCA, ACA etc) or Master’s degree in Finance, Accounting, Business Administration, Management or Economics.
* Proficiency in the use of Accounting software (preferably SUNSYSTEM), Q&A reporting tool and Excel.
* Donor/contract management experience and donor policy knowledge (preferably DG ECHO, OFDA(BHA), SDC and DFID(FCDO)).
* Ability to handle multi- donors and multi-year budgets.
* Ability to process large amount of data.
* High attention in details and accuracy.
* Ability to direct and supervise.
* Understanding of humanitarian principles and practices.
* Willingness to work in insecure countries.
Professional experience in Cameroon or neighboring countries
Key Personal Competencies
* Highly organised and capable to deliver work with tight deadlines
* Excellent interpersonal skills
* People management skills
* A good listener
* An effective communicator
* Excellent analytical skills
* Team player
* Able to work in a multicultural environment
* Quiet demeanour in stressful or crisis situations?
INSO’s Safeguarding Policy:
INSO is fully committed to safe recruitment, selection and vetting of all potential new staff, trustees and volunteers and we will ensure rigorous compliance with our Code of Conduct and Safeguarding policy throughout the recruitment process. As such, the following safe recruitment practices will be applied:
* All offers of employment will be conditional on receiving at least two satisfactory professional references.
* INSO will ask candidates about significant gaps in employment history or frequent changes of employer and address.
* All essential qualifications and relevant professional accreditations and memberships will be verified.
* The successful candidate will be required to provide a valid proof of identity (passport, ID card);
* All new hires will receive an orientation in INSO’s safeguarding policy and procedures and associated documents (Code of Conduct, Whistleblowing etc.);
* All new hires will be required to sign and abide by the Code of Conduct as a condition of employment.
Terms & Conditions: 12-month contract, €5000 per month salary, 4 days annual leave per month and 3 days of R&R every 3 months with €750 allowance each R&R cycle, global medical coverage (excluding USA) , USD $200,000 AD&D coverage
How to apply:
Interested applicants are requested to send the following to firstname.lastname@example.org and reference “FINANCE MANAGER” in the subject line of the email.
The application must include:
* Cover Letter specifying how you meet the mandatory requirements, any preferred characteristics, your motivation for applying, and what you hope to bring to INSO (2 pages maximum).
* Updated CV (5 pages maximum).
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Please do not send any additional information (such as copies of certificates, copies of diplomas, other writing samples, etc.) and keep the total size of your application under 2MB if possible.