This page provides basic information on registering for services with an INSO country office.
Detailed instructions, and all relevant forms and documents, will be provided to eligible applicants upon receipt of your request.
Registration is only available to humanitarian organisations - not individual aid workers - and must be applied for by the most senior representative available such as Regional or Country Director.
For registration to INSO World Alert please see the World Alert page.
To be eligible for INSO services anywhere in the world an organisation must meet all of the following criteria:
(Evidence will be requested)
- Be legally constituted as an NGO (non-profit, without shareholders) in the original country of establishment (home country)
- Be legally registered, or in process of registering, as an NGO with the Host Government of the country for which you applying
- Conduct your operations in accordance with the principles of the Red Cross Code of Conduct for Disaster Relief (impartial, neutral, independent and humanitarian)
- Agree to abide by the INSO Code of Conduct for members
- Be actively operating, or planning to be operating, in the country for which you are applying
If you are sure you fulfill all of the Eligibility Criteria then please contact the Registration Officer of the relevant country office to request a registration pack. You will be required to submit:
- a cover letter signed by a senior staff member (CD or Regional)
- a copy of your local (country level) registration certificate and
- your registration application form.
Occasionally we may request additional information that will help us to confirm the status of your organisation such as annual reports or audited financial statements.See INSO Vetting Tiers for more details
Please click on the INSO country office you would like to register with and send an email requesting a registration pack:
Central Africa Republic (CAR)
Democratic Republic of the Congo (DRC)